A gas safety check is a mandatory term that every landlord must have to conduct in Scotland. A gas safety check record is also known as a gas safety certificate. A gas safety check report is a document which has details about detailed inspection carried out on all the gas appliances in your property
The Importance of Gas Safety Check
A gas safety check is an inspection of all gas appliances to make sure they are safe to use and operating efficiently. The gas safety checks include a detailed inspection of all the gas appliances and make sure,
- Checking installation of gas appliances is safe and suitable for the room they are located in.
- Make sure an appliance is correctly functioning and operating as it should be at the correct pressure.
- Ensuring there is an adequate air supply to the appliance and that it is burning gas correctly
- Checking securely fitted and connected to the gas pipework and chimneys are clear and able to emit fumes and gases from the appliance safely outside
- Testing all safety devices on an appliance to make sure they are functioning correctly
It is advised to conduct a gas safety check once a year and carry the gas safety certificate. All gas appliances are at risk of producing carbon monoxide gas. It is a poisonous gas that can be fatal. By conducting a gas safety check from a registered gas safety engineer, you can make sure that all your gas appliances are in good working condition.
Landlord gas safety requirements
If you are a landlord or homeowner in Scotland then you are required by law to conduct a gas safety check routinely once a year and carry an updated gas safety certificate. The government mandated that residential landlords who are renting their property need to ensure that they get gas safety checks. An efficient gas safety check service provider ensures that the particular property is gas safe and verifies all the gas-fueled appliances have not any leaks and are safe to use. AN expert gas safety engineer will provide you with a gas safety certificate which can provide evidence to your tenants that the gas appliances in your rental property have been checked and are safe to use.
At Intelligent Repairs, our experienced gas-safe engineers take total care of your gas safety check. We do a detailed inspection of all your gas appliances to make sure they are in good condition and also check the accessible pipework to make sure there are no gas leaks. After the inspection is complete, you will receive a gas safety certificate to show that your property has been checked by a registered engineer.